Tuesday, October 9, 2012

October 9, 2012

Not too long ago I experimented with oil pastels...drawing the images, moving the oil pastel around with mineral spirits and a brush...and when that dries as much as it is going to, given the nature of oil pastels..applying a layer or two of linseed oil...which then makes it an oil painting and does not require glass to protect it.  I like the grainy and sort of dreamlike quality...and like the drawing factor.  I was happy with the results.  Here is the first one:
Afternoon Walk, Lake Bon Tempe
Oil Pastel, Linseed Oil on Board
9 x 12
A gift to my son who loves nature and walking.  

Golden Hills
Oil Pastel , Linseed Oil on Board
9 x 12
In a private collection in Sonoma County
Yesterday was a big flop and my painting ended up wiped out...in more ways than one.  Hoping for better today.  


No comments:

Post a Comment