Wednesday, October 28, 2015

I love this view of Mount Tamalpais, and love getting out to walk early in the morning.  One of those mornings there was a fellow artist painting on the top of this Ridge (Sorich) and I admired him for lugging his gear all that way.  Dedication.  I don't think I could do it.  Since then I have discovered a way to get closer by driving up to the top, and hiking in is easier.  This was a particularly beautiful morning, but I did paint this in my studio.  
Sunrise, Mt. Tamalpais
Oil on Board
12 x 16
$850

Not our Northern CA beaches but Southern.  I really enjoyed painting this, played with the palette knife a bit trying to get some texture in there, which it did, although it doesn't show up in the photo so well.  One of those perfect days.
A Perfect Day
Oil on Board
12 x 16
$850

I've been working bigger lately, after a run of 5 x 7's.  I would like to go even larger soon.  Something about the pace.  Bigger brushes, slowing down, works for me.  But really, its all about variety!  It was my first wedding anniversary on Oct 3rd and we spent the weekend in Stinson Beach.  Falling asleep listening to the waves, waking to the waves.....wonderful.  Being an insomniac I have to say it was the BEST!  I was inspired to do this painting.

Mystic Morning
Oil on Board
12 x 16
$850

I went to Studio Gallery in San Francisco last week for the opening of Michael Chamberlain's show.  If you get the chance I highly recommend it.  http://www.studiogallerysf.com/

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Jill! To me, they all speak to the spiritual side. The elements of sky, water and land give a sense of something beyond us. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kaethe. Nature is where I experience that feeling the most often, so I am a happy painter if that is coming across to the viewer. We are so lucky to live in such an abundance of beauty!

    ReplyDelete